All you want to know about best sexual lubricants
Do you know what the types of lubes are? Have you ever heard about its’ profits and downsides?
Do you need any tips on choosing the best one? We’ll lend you a hand with these questions.
This article will clear up everything you want to know about the variety of lubricants since we have compiled a list including the most exciting ones of them. So here we go!
Types of lubes
Here are three kinds of greases: water-, silicone- and oil-based lubes. Their distinguishing feature is the primary substance in the composition.
Water-based lubricants are the most widespread, as they are compatible with all types of condoms and sex toys. Also, these items have a light consistency and can be facilely washed off the body, which is a significant advantage.
But despite all the pros, they have some cons as well. For example, water-based grease mainly is not suitable for anal sex, because it is absorbed too fast.
Here below you will find a list of the most interesting water-based lubes, which are popular among men and women all over the world.
We analyzed such parameters as the basis of the greases, the active components in the composition, the compatibility with condoms and sex toys, the price.
1. LELO Personal Moisturizer
If you are looking for water-based premium class lubricant, LELO Personal Moisturizer is the best choice.
This lube is very popular because of its high quality, safe composition, and excellent moisturising intimate zone. Using this lubricate means getting much more pleasant sensations during intimacy and perfect gliding.
Benefits of the chemical composition
- The lube contains a lot of useful extracts (Aloe Vera, Guarana, Ginseng, Avena Sativa). These components help your skin and mucous membrane to remain soft and smooth.
- The composition of this grease doesn’t have any harmful ingredients. It means the lubricate is safe for your private health and can’t be the cause of allergic reactions.
- pH balanced, so the item can’t cause an imbalance of the vaginal microflora.
- The lube is a certified Body-Safe.
The other advantages of the lube
- Can be used for all kinds of sex (both solo and with your partner).
- You can use this lubrication with all types of condoms and latex sex toys.
- The product doesn’t leave marks on underwear and sheets, because it’s completely absorbed into the skin and mucosa of the vagina.
- Liquid gel consistency of the item makes this lube convenient for application.
- It is easy to use. Just press the dispenser a little, squeeze a few drops of lubricant on the palm and softly apply it to the intimate area.
- The lube is in a glass dispenser bottle. The gorgeous design of this lubrication is one of its extra benefits. The bottle looks like some expensive perfume, so you can even put it right on your bedside drawer.
- A large volume of the bottle, which is enough for using the lube for a long time.
- According to statistics, it is one of the best-selling lubes of 2021.
- The manufacturer provides a product warranty (1 year) for this item.
Are there any downsides?
This item has only one disadvantage, and this is its high price. But it is due to the premium quality of this lube. Try LELO Personal Moisturizer, and you will find out how great it is.
2. Fleshlube Water
Fleshlight is well known for its realistic masturbators and sex toys.
But today we want to introduce to you the other one item – lubricant Fleshlube Water.
This premium commodity is one of the best choices if you prefer lubes with a water basis.
Why is it so gorgeous?
- It perfect fits masturbators Fleshlight.
- Can also be used not only for solo but for sex with your girlfriend or boyfriend as well.
- It is suitable for all kinds of condoms and latex sex-gadgets.
- The grease has a light formula that doesn’t stain the underwear and furniture.
- The composition of this lube is dermatologically formulated, non-paraben and hypoallergenic.
- The grease contains Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice and Vitamin E.
- It can be used, even if your skin is susceptible.
- The grease provides pleasant smoothing and slipping.
- Large bottle volume.
- The bottle is made of transparent material so you can see how much grease is left in it.
- Made in the United States.
A few words about downsides
- Propylene glycol and glycerin in the composition can be the cause of vaginal microflora imbalance, redness and soreness of vagina mucous membranes. So if you are prone to allergic reactions, this lube isn’t your best choice.
- This commodity is not a suitable grease for rough anal sex. For such intimacy choose silicone-based items.
3. Sliquid H2O Original Water-Based Lubricant
Looking for 100% eco-friendly, silicone-free vegan lubes?
Then this one is the best choice for you!
Let’s see, why is this grease so popular among women who prefer only pure and natural products.
- This lube composed of pure ingredients such as plant cellulose and cyamopsis.
- Potassium sorbate and citric acid, which this item contains, are natural, non-toxic preservatives.
- Odourless and flavourless, silicone-, glycerin- and paraben-free, so using this lube can’t be the reason for vaginal microflora imbalance.
- The lube improves gliding, softens and tones the skin of the intimate area.
- Completely absorbed into the vaginal mucosa.
- Perfectly compensates the lack of your own vaginal lubrication.
- It fits condoms and toys for adults.
- Applying this lube during pregnancy is safe.
What about downsides?
- Compared with chemical lubricants, this item has a shorter shelf life.
- Despite a completely natural composition of this lubricant, sometimes it can be the cause of allergic reactions. It can happen because of herbal extracts the commodity contains.
- I’s not a good item for anal penetration. If you are planning backdoor sex, it’s better to apply some silicone-based grease.
- Absorbs and dries out extremely fast, so you have to add it several times during sex.
4. Sliquid Satin Lubricant Personal Intimate Moisturizer
And here is another one lube from Sliquid, which is pure and vegan as well.
This moisturiser is favourite among people who prefer 100% organic greases without any artificial preservatives, silicone, flavours, and glycerin. But despite the completely natural composition, this lubricant can cause allergies.
- It contains only pure natural ingredients (purified water, plant cellulose, organic Aloe Barbadensis decolourized leaf juice, carrageenan and so on).
- Silicone-, paraben- and sulfate-free, 100% vegan and no animal tested.
- The moisturiser can be used every day not only for sex but as well for moistening the dry skin and mucous membrane of the vagina (for example, during menopause).
- The thick consistency of this item.
- Getting the moisturiser out of the bottle is difficult.
- Feeling of stickiness after using.
- If you are planning long-running sex, be ready to add a few drops of lube every 2-5 minutes, because it dries out fast.
- There may be irritation and burning feelings after using moisturizer. So if you have hypersensitivity to herb extracts, it’s better to try some another lube.
- It’s not the best pick if you are adorer of backdoor intercourse.
5. Fifty Shades of Grey Silky Caress Lubricant
If you are fond of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, you’ll fall in love with this grease at first sight.
It’s official Fifty Shades of Grey merch, water-based lube in a trendy black-and-silver bottle.
Why you’ll like it?
- The lube is suitable for vaginal sex, massage, and fingering.
- It will be an excellent present for Fifty Shades of Grey movie and books fans.
- Low cost.
Why is this commodity not the best one?
- It contains a lot of unsafe components. For example, there are glycerin, propylene glycol and Cetearyl alcohol in its composition, which can be a cause of the vaginal imbalance.
- If you have a tendency to vaginal thrush, it is better not to apply this lube, because of glycerin in its composition.
- This lube is banned for you if you have vaginosis. Using it can lead to increased symptoms because of glycerin and propylene glycol.
- This grease is not the best choice for women with a tendency to allergic reactions because of polysorbate 60 and carbomer in the composition.
- It can be problematic to clean the lube up because of its stickiness.
What you have to find out before choosing the best lubricant?
We have compiled a list of tips, that will help you to choose the best lube for sex or solo playing. Hope, they will be useful for you:
- Trust famous brands.
- Buy lubricants only in drugstores, specialised websites, sex shops.
- The choice of a suitable lubricant depends on your needs, sex preferences and health features. For example, if you are going to practice anal sex, using silicone-based lube isn’t a whim – it’s necessary. The point is the anus is not able to produce lubrication by itself.
- Fond of using latex sex-gadgets? Then you should avoid silicone-based lubes, which can cause damage to your sex toys’ surface.
- Before buying the lube, you should check its composition. Make sure it doesn’t have such components as sugar, glycerin, parabens, petroleum etc. If you are allergic, avoid lubes with essential oils in the composition.
- Take commodity with individual supplements to get better your sexual experience. It may be the grease with relaxing and warming extracts, antibacterial ingredients or anaesthetics (especially for backdoor sex).
- For sex in the shower or at the pool use silicone-based commodities.
- To get extra pregnancy prevention use for sex a lubricant with spermicides.
- Using condoms? Then silicone- and oil-based items are not the good ones for you since they can cause condom break.
- If you are thirsty for long-running sex, get some silicone-based grease instead of applying water-based one.
- If you have no grease at all, don’t use any inappropriate products in lieu of it. Don’t even think about moisturising your intimate zone with Vaseline or liquid soap, because an imbalance in vaginal pH can occur.
We hope the list below helped you to find out what type of lubricants is OK for you. And we also believe that one of these greases will make your sex unbelievable.
So are these lubricants excellent? It’s up to you!